Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dragging the Digital Heels

It really shouldn't be that difficult to unsubscribe from an email list I'm no longer interested in.  So why does the stock message say "We'll comply with your request in the next ten days"? 

Back in the days with preprinted mailing labels, I could see where the delay would be.  But now??  With sophisicated, cheap and fast databases??  It strikes me as rude.  And certainly not an excellent process.  Maybe they want to keep bugging me with email, despite my request?? 

It is simply an example of a lousy process.  Waste of attention.  In our digital culture, waiting 10 days is no longer acceptable.  The marketplace has changed.  The process has to change with it. 

Some of you receive this blog via email.  There's an "unsubscribe" link at the very bottom of this email.  If these thoughts don't add value for you, feel free to unsubscribe!   And I'm pretty sure it will happen immediately!

And, one way or another, keep learning.

Click here to subscribe to Learning about Lean by email.

No comments: