Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Not the news...just the index of the news

A few quick thoughts during a blisteringly hot stretch of weather in the Midwest.
  • Toyota Along with three colleagues from the Wabash Valley Lean Network, I had the privilege of taking my third tour of Toyota's fork truck manufacturing facility in Columbus, Indiana last Wednesday. Not only is it fascinating to see a factory that hums with precision, it is also fascinating to see how it is such an organic, growing, changing enterprise. I'll write more on this.
  • Focus Spent two days last week and all day today in kaizen events here at FBi Buildings. I've seen it many times before, but it never ceases to amaze me what can happen in a short period of time with a clear goal and other clutter out of the way. So why do I continue to accept other clutter?
  • Gratefulness Seeing colleagues with relatives facing major, life-threatening surgeries, seeing businesses collapse nearby, seeing the fragility of an economy dependent on electrical power; every day is a gift.
I hope this day is a gift for you. And that this has been a little bit helpful. Feel free to forward to a friend. Email me

No comments: