Monday, September 08, 2003

More on Leveraging Constraints


One of my avocations is baseball. So you can imagine my enjoyment when I recently came across the blog Management by Baseball written by Jeff Angus. If you like sports, you might want to bookmark this one.

In his post last Thursday, Jeff wrote about the folly of linear thinking. While not specifically speaking about constraints, he illustrates a crucial point that constraints also handle. Each system has some "leverage points," places where a little bit of effort brings about a very big result, disproportionate to the effort extended.

Understanding constraints leads you to ways to find those leverage points where a little effort and attention pays off big.

I hope this is helpful. Feel free to forward to a friend. Email me

No comments: